This year’s World Mental Health Day theme 2022 is centered around the mental well-being of all. Gone are the days when your quest to make it big was the only thing that mattered. An employee’s mental well-being is just as important as the task they deliver. The world has changed and workplaces have evolved. Still, every one in four working professionals as per the WHO reports suffers from some kind of mental health issue.
The constant urge to be on top and change with every new change in the marketplace further complicates it. Hence, we see a systematic increase in bouts of depression, anxiety, performance pressure, and other mental issues. However, things aren’t just grim and gloomy – there has been a significant change in this field as well. This World Mental Health Day 2022, we acknowledge the problem as well as the prominent steps taken in the field.
A couple of years ago, the idea about how to celebrate mental health day would’ve faced a lot of squirmy faces and raised eyebrows. Owing to the reputation and stigma that the M-word had, it remained one of the least discussed topics in the employee-employer spaces.
But, fret not, today as we go ahead, we look forward to establishing a space for each working individual to have the best experience ever. It isn’t willy-nilly gibberish anymore. Human experiences irrespective of the place, matter.
Take a look at some of these ideas that celebrate your individuality and acknowledge all your struggles to stay at your age. Here are some unique mental health day activities you can take part in.
You might be too old to admit this, but we all need playmates, especially at work. That sense of belonging is a prerequisite for a healthy workspace. Loneliness is one gigantic problem each employee faces. This world mental health day 2022, you can actually tackle this – by flatlining that workspace hierarchy for a bit and having an open house.
But, unlike others, this open house will host all ideas, take all comments, and plan several things regarding the work. Not only this solves your division of labor problem but also makes everyone a part of the bigger picture. And as you welcome people into a space that nurtures inclusivity, it sends out a message of quiet respect and a feeling of being seen. And doesn’t that always feel nice?
It’s the company personnel that keeps the corporation running. But, what keeps those tired burnt-out personnel running? Give it a thought. Mostly, it’s that sense of accomplishment and being a part of the group. Yet, this group that we so dearly talk about is a long way from home.
You have to plan bonding activities such as group informal meet-ups, little get-togethers, and team exercises such as treasure hunts, program decoding, etc to give them a sense of camaraderie.
Among all the ideas to keep the morale high, group activities rank quite high. Make sure the activity doesn’t remain a mere part of mental health day activities but an eminent part of your workspace ecology.
Community services ground us as individuals and give us a different insight into worldly things. While corporate life sometimes gets on your nerves and feels overpowering, getting in touch with society could save you from negative thoughts.
As a part of the world mental health day campaign, you can organize social awareness programs for the underprivileged strata of society. It gives the employees both hopes and aspirations to contribute to something.
Watching people seeking help and individuals helping out further leaves a camping effect on the troubled burnout minds. They can also reboot themselves by dabbling a little bit into others’ lives. And, since it’s a community-based activity, it also teaches the silent act of reaching out to others for help and helping out.
A change of scenery is a must for getting your mindfulness back. Going on company-organized road trips is a great way to connect with each other. It gives you an informal window to bond and talks about your insecurities. While sharing a vehicle and a couple of snacks together, you also get eased into sharing things that you may refrain from sharing in a workspace ecology.
Moreover, such gateways are an amazing way to connect to nature and see yourself in your element. It gets you to acknowledge the negative and positive sides of your life. You can actually take a break from all responsibility and reconnect with the “self” that gets tired of the world around you.
So, one of the most fun mental health day activities for the workplace is to shut those laptops and go on a trip together!
Now, this is a unique practice that we forgot as we grew up. Remember when we were in kindergartens and thanked each other for just reading out loud? Then, why can’t we thank our co-workers for contributing a great deal to our professional lives and making their contributions to the office?
The gesture starts now. Make it a habit to thank people weekly or bi-monthly around you to let them know about their importance. The small gesture goes a long way. It boosts morale, keeps them going, and helps out when the person is full of doubts and second thoughts.
The inner child in each of us gets bruised as we grow up. Do you know what heals them? It’s the small acknowledgments and support from our peers. It doesn’t need to be an overt act but praising someone for what they accomplished thus far is a great way to start.
Celebrate world mental health day 2022 by praising your fellow workers for their achievements and for them is a pillar of great support for the company. You may not see the change immediately but on a personal level, these praises are the elixir of life for a depressed or anxious employee.
Taking feedback is a great way to deal with an uninspired workforce. Be it an employer or a person of authority or anyone, try and listen to what people have to say. It can be work-related or some personal trials they are going through, reaching out and getting feedback and comments can save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
Put an anonymous chat box on the office premise and explain to all the employees there to mention their queries and feedback. Every week starts with a group discussion on those queries, ideas, and suggestions. This solves the communication and the fear problem, both, in a single go. Your employee remains anonymous and their query gets solved. Sounds easy, right?
Movies are known to be a cultural binding factor. When all fails, trust your favorite stars to transcend you into a safe space. That’s the magic you need when it comes to office bonds as well. It is perhaps the best way to bond and share things with each other.
It also is a great equalizer. Movies would help you open up and discuss things you will otherwise not share with a coworker. So, if you think you are disconnected from what’s going on in the office, movies are your way to go.
Need More Ideas on Mental Health Activities in the Workplace? Get in Touch with an Expert Here!
1. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.”
– Louisa May Alcott
2. “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.”
– Ernest Hemingway
3. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
– Victor Hugo
4. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.”
– Charles Dickens
5. “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
– Roald Dahl.
6. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.”
– Desmond Tutu
7. “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson
8. “Everyone experiences a version of anxiety or worry in their lives, and maybe we go through it in a different or more intense way for longer periods of time, but there’s nothing wrong with you.”
– Emma Stone
9. “The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is, you don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.”
– Demi Lovato
10. “We would never tell someone with a broken leg that they should stop wallowing and get it together. We don’t consider taking medication for an ear infection something to be ashamed of. We shouldn’t treat mental health conditions any differently. Instead, we should make it clear that getting help isn’t a sign of weakness — it’s a sign of strength — and we should ensure that people can get the treatment they need.”
– Michelle Obama
11. “I found that with depression one of the most important things you could realize is that you’re not alone. You’re not the first to go through it.”
– Dwayne the Rock Johnson
12. “I tend to overcome anxiety with work and, to a lesser extent, achievement. You want to tick boxes sometimes. So these days, my goal is to be as present as I can and not just tick a box just to do it.”
– Ryan Reynolds
13. “Mental health is an invisible thing, but it touches all of us at some point or another. It’s part of life. Like DeMar said, ‘You never know what that person is going through.’”
– Kevin Love
14. “Some people hide their pain. I’m not proud of the fact that I don’t feel good about myself a lot of the time, but it’s nothing I’m ashamed of.”
– Jerry West
15. “We all want to be the best versions of ourselves. And talking to a therapist, being vulnerable, opening up about what you’re dealing with, it only helps. Nobody can deal with life all alone.”
― Michael Phelps
16. “It’s OK not to be OK. To show weakness, we’re told in sports, is to deserve shame. But showing weakness, addressing your mental health, is strength.”
– Mardy Fish
17. “If I can come back from it then anybody else can. I’m no special person, just a human being made of blood and bone.”
– Tyson Fury
18. “Because you’re not crazy, dog. You’re not damaged. You’re just human like the rest of us.”
– Ben Gordon
19. “[People] don’t get that we have anxiety, that we break down. They just think we’re perfect.”
— Simone Biles
20. ” The reality is great highs, terrible lows and unrelenting stress. Don’t think people want to hear about the last two.”
– Elon Musk
21. “Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have found my way to the goblin city to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom is as great. You have no power over me.”
22. “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.”
– Lao Tzu
23. “Don’t be sorry, be fierce. Because you are an all Star.”
– Rupaul’s Drag Race
24. “After all, tomorrow is another day.”
– Gone with the Wind
25. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– The Princess Diaries
Phew! But we have more World Mental Health Day quotes for you!
26. “Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good.”
– Boy Meets World
27. “Peace of mind for five minutes, that’s what I crave.”
– Alanis Morissette
28. “You’re gonna make it after all.”
– The Mary Tyler Moore Show
29. “You get to exhale now, Simon.”
– Love, Simon
30. “I love you, but I love me more.”
– Sex and the City
31. “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you…to make each day count.”
32. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”
– Dalai Lama
32. “It would just make my heart soar if someone out there saw this and she said to herself: be strong, trust yourself, love yourself. Conquer your fears. Just go after what you want and act fast, because life just isn’t that long.”
– The Office
33. “The night is always darkest just before dawn, but I assure you, the dawn is coming.”
– The Dark Knight
34. “And I swear, in that moment, we were infinite.”
– Perks of Being a Wallflower
35. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.”
– Pink Floyd
37. “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I’m still trying to figure out how that could be.”
– Stephen Chbosky
38. “I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.”
– Sylvia Plath
39. “They make advertisements for soap. Why not for peace?”
– Emanuella Riva
40. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
41. “Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong.”
– Karen Salmansohn
42. “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.”
– Stacy London
43. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”
– Saint François de Sales
44. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– A. A Milne
45. “Peace is liberty in tranquility.”
– Marcus Tullius Cicero
46. “Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.”
– Madam C J Walker
47. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.”
– John F. Kennedy
48. “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.”
– Cicely Tyson
49. “ If you don’t know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he’s just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It’s one world, pal. We’re all neighbors.”
– Frank Sinatra
Mental health awareness is a gradual process. For workspaces, it is a topic in hand that needs careful consideration and acknowledgment. In a finite time, there is too much to work on. And when it spirals out of control, workplace stress can have terrible financial and psychological repercussions. Hout of job strain has been strongly linked to a terrible mental state and decreased productivity.
What is the alternative, then?
If you are celebrating World Mental Health Day 2022 in the workplace, then addressing the issue is where you start. Employees must therefore be proactive in addressing mental illnesses. At the same time, organizations must first prioritize fostering better communication among their staff. And workplace mental health issues can only be tackled by employers and employees coming together as one.
Headsup Corporation is proud to be one of the few organizations that actively and explicitly put effort to make the workplace more privy to conversations around mental health. Not only do we provide mental health services to SMEs and startups, but we have also inculcated a culture in which people can openly talk about their issues, shunning the taboos. We de-stigmatize therapy through our effective EAP that allows all employees to be compensated for consulting mental health practitioners.
If you too want to build a workplace that is open to addressing mental health and sensitizing it, get in touch with us today!
Happy World Mental Health day!
1. What activities can be done on World Mental Health Day?
A: There are a series of activities that you can do to celebrate World Mental Health Day. Some of them include organizing meetings, community services, going out together, having a staycation, movie nights, and overall bonding sessions.
2. What are some great ideas for World Mental Health Day campaigns in 2022?
A: The theme of World Mental Health Day 2022 is the mental well-being of all. Hence, for the campaigns, we can keep this in mind. We can organize group exercises, and talks, and reach out to others in need.
3. Why do we celebrate World Mental Health Day at workplaces?
A: Workplaces can be one of the reasons behind mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. To make people aware of this, it is very important to celebrate World Mental Health Day at workplaces.
4. Is it important to celebrate World Mental Health Day?
A: Mental Health is one of the leading factors of our overall well-being. If we suffer from any of the issues, our productivity, as well as overall health, suffers. So, to keep up with the fast-paced world and stay happy at the same time, it is quite important to celebrate World Mental Health Day.
5. How can we celebrate World Mental Health Day 2022?
A: World Mental Health Day 2022 can be celebrated using so many ideas. We can organize meet-ups, informal chats, plan recreational activities, etc. We can also celebrate it by looking up some mental health resources that a person may need.